3/10/10

Friday Playlist: Wednesday Edition

I'm headed off to lead a panel at SXSW in a couple days, and the last-minute preparations haven't left me much time to do a writeup for this playlist. The short version is that today's playlist features tracks from new (or pretty recent) albums by Lightspeed Champion, Surfer Blood, The Heavies, Man/Miracle, The Ruby Suns, Clem Snide, and more! This is one of my favorite playlists in a while (and yes, there are 2 tracks by Lightspeed Champion on here, and they both rock; also, there are 2 songs with the word "swim" in their titles - pretty cool, eh?). There's also an instrumental cover of a Wu-Tang song and a return to form for the Magnetic Fields, among other things.

So sit back, relax, and enjoy the tunes. [Editor's note: Please insert your own liner notes and witty commentary as you see fit.]

See you all when I return!

2 comments:

99 said...

i'm still getting used to the new ruby suns. and hot chip hasn't grabbed me yet. but frightened rabbit just blows me away.

Newmanium Reveler said...

I've been listening to that song (the whole album, really) a lot too. In fact, that song has been penciled in for my 2010 summer mix. I'm sure this is quite an honor for Frightened Rabbit.