11/13/08

Another Rainy Day

As you might have noticed (if anyone's still reading), I haven't been posting much as of late. I started this blog to help relieve some job-related misery, and I've since left that job to become a full-time freelancer, so I have less misery now - which leaves me with less of an impetus to blog. But today the beautiful rainy fall weather has inspired me to finally get off my gorgeous behind and post a new playlist. So I give you, Playlist For A Rainy Day, Part 2. Enjoy!




What are you listening to today inspired by the season/weather/anything else?

7 comments:

Will said...

I'm still reading. :)

Work- and life-related stress has caused me to listen to lots of "happy" music, mostly from my youth. Earth, Wind & Fire's "September," Stevie Wonder's "Isn't She Lovely," Chicago's "You're The Inspiration" and Joey Scarbury's "Theme From 'Greatest American Hero'" are in heavy rotation.

Unknown said...

That Leonard Cohen song made me want to jump out the window. Granted i'm on the first floor but still.

Aparna said...

I don't know why it took me so long to find your blog, Jordan! But these mixes make me a happy puppy. Keep up the good not-work. HAHAHAHAHAHA. Sorry. Wink!

Newmanium Reveler said...

I think the only thing I can listen to in this kind of weather is the complete Bill Evans trio recordings at the Village Vanguard. (The LaFaro/Motian trio, of course.)

And the Carpenters. But yes, now I remember...you are oddly buoyed by this kind of weather. Bastard.

Molly Malone said...

the cold raininess this morning inspired me to turn to the classical station. reminded me of rainy, winter days in Houston when all i used to do was turn on KUHF and cozy up with a book while the dog snoozed away on the rug. no playlist per se, though. can't help you there.

Molly Malone said...

just listened to your playlist. the first song is mournfully lovely.

Amanda said...

Morphine is pretty awesome on a rainy day....