6/25/12

Monday Playlist: Another Rainy Day

Raindrops on Vine Maple by flickr user Chris R Roberts
It's a beautiful rainy summer day here as I type this, so I figured it was a perfect time to add a new entry to my series of rainy day playlists.

I don't usually go for so many songs about rain, as opposed to songs that just feel right on a rainy day, but that's just how my brain was working today.

Rainy days are my absolute favorite kind of days (well, I guess I'd put them behind snowy days, but those are so rare I can't count on them), and I've been lucky to have a lot of them so far this summer.  They are also, of course, perfect scotch weather.

Enjoy!



A couple notes on these, no need to detail every song:
  • I debated putting on Tom Waits's "Rain Dogs" instead, but I think this song fits better with a rainy day.
  • "Raining in Brooklyn" is by me - I wrote it last year as part of FAWM.  It was the last song I wrote, and I did it on my birthday as a gift to myself.  I love it, but it's not 100% done...so think of it more as a sketch than a full song.
  • I don't know if this is my favorite version of Phish's "Divided Sky," but it is a nicely mastered version because it's from an official release.  My favorite might be the first one I heard in person, at Merriweather Post Pavilion (truly a terrible place) at my first Phish show ever (I think) in 1999.

1 comment:

99 said...

move to amsterdam. it rains all the time.