8/28/08

Mixtape for a Rainy Day - Using Opentape!

Having just found out about Opentape a couple days ago, I finally had a few minutes today to try it out. So far, it's incredibly simple and easy to use. I haven't read through the codebase yet [Editor's note: bad developer, bad!] so it might be full of horrible security holes, but until I find them, I'm very happy.

The setup process took about a minute (if that), and once I uploaded my songs I was ready to go. So I don't really have a lot to say about getting it up and running, which is good. Instead, I offer you this mix I made of songs inspired by my friend Kate's question "what do you listen to when it's raining?" I realized that the answer could be completely different tomorrow or the next day or the next, but here's a few songs I listened to on this rainy day. Enjoy!



I don't like that version of "Sunken Treasure" as much as the one from I Am Trying To Break Your Heart, but I don't have that one. Oh, well.

So...what do you listen to on rainy days? Also, does the mix stream smoothly for you? What do you think of the interface?

7 comments:

Amanda said...

I love this! Like a little gift. Am about to listen...

Old Maid said...

I'm only happy when it rains.

Anonymous said...

Nice! I'm going to listen to this today!

Anonymous said...

Wait... what, no Milli Vanilli, Blame it on the Rain?

Molly Malone said...

in yesterday's rain i listened to a little beirut and broken social scene before the din of work and my own mind overtook everything. then, around 4:15 i hit a mental and emotional wall and the only sound in my head was "gobbledigook" from sigur ros' new album. my inner woodland creature needed escape.

btw: track #2 on your list breaks my heart. if i listened to it enough, i may be a puddle.

99 said...

nine million rainy days - jesus and mary chain

happy when it rains - jesus and mary chain

only happy when it rains - garbage

ballet for a rainy day/1000 umbrellas - XTC

rain - beatles

love reign o'er me - the who

say - cat power (nice use of thunder in this one)

thunder road - bruce. just because.

riders on the storm - doors (more thunder)

Laura said...

Yay, it's raining today here too (rare) so this makes me happy.