9/5/08

Friday Playlist - Music To Bike To

What with the nice weather we've been having lately, I've been out on my bike more often this past week. I love biking and do it all the time, but when the weather turns a bit cooler (like it was last week in DC) and the leaves start to turn (like I hope they will in a few weeks), it's really a treat to be out on one's bike, taking it all in at a relatively high speed.

If I'm in an isolated area (like the beach) or somewhere closed to vehicular traffic (like Beach Drive on weekends) I will occasionally listen to music while I ride (at low volumes, of course). [Editor's note: headphones are completely safe to use while biking, as long as you don't put them on your ears.] And so for today's playlist (a feature I'm trying to implement on Fridays now), I give you: music to bike to.

Many of these songs are high-energy, which is great for going up hills, but the general vibe is more "upbeat and repetitive," which is what I crave when I hit the road. Enjoy!

Sorry, gang, when MySpace bought imeem, they destroyed most of my playlists, including this one.  I'm trying to remember what I put on here originally, and when I do, I'll re-post it.  In the meantime, please enjoy my other playlists!

What do you listen to when you bike/metro/drive/walk/commute?

6 comments:

Unknown said...

why imeem on this one and not opentape again?

Jordan Hirsch said...

@lori: I had already made this mix in imeem before I installed opentape...so it was simply a matter of convenience.

Anonymous said...

I like zoning out to belle and sebastian or enya as I commute through metro craziness.

99 said...

won't play on this one. only idiots and people related to me ride with headphones.

Anonymous said...

You're so Hipster Doofus you listen to Lily Allen while commuting on bicycle.

Newmanium Reveler said...

Girl Talk, Go! Team, and every so often, late 60s Miles or Can while running.

I actually use short weekly runs in 40-45 minute range to preview new albums (or new to me.) It turns out that John Fahey is not great workout music...